What’s better than muffins? Chocolate muffins! But what about chocolate muffins with double chocolate chips?
This extra chocolate chip muffin recipe is to die for!
Even with all the extra flavor they are surprisingly easy to make and tastes like bakery style muffins.
This was my first time making a chocolate muffin recipe. In the past I have only made banana nut muffins and chocolate chip muffins.
But I figured why not try chocolate, chocolate chip muffins!
I used 2 different kinds of chocolate chips, cocoa, and topped them with a chocolate drizzle!
Don’t worry, the chocolate drizzle is easy, it only calls for 2 ingredients. And if you do not want to use it, they are great without it too.
This recipe will make 24 muffins (which my kids ate most of in one day) less if you over fill the muffin cups.
Your batter is going to be very thick! Remember these are muffins, not cupcakes, so they will be thicker and less sweet.
If you would like for them to be sweeter, just add a little more sugar.
Personally, I think they paired perfectly with a cup of iced coffee and my kids and husband thought they were great with milk.
I feel like these would make perfect mini-muffins!
For more great recipes please visit our website
These Chocolate Muffins with chocolate chips are a great way to start your day.
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup sugar (more if you want them sweeter)
1/2 cup melted butter (cooled)
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mini chocolate chips (divided)
More for topping
1/2 cup regular semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375
- In large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder
- Set aside
- In medium bowl mix sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla
- Fold into dry ingredients (do not over mix)
- Gently fold in chocolate chips
- Place mixture in prepared muffin tins
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Meanwhile prepare chocolate drizzle
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil to microwave safe bowl
- Heat in 30 second intervals (stirring after each) until chocolate is melted
- Drizzle over baked muffins right before eating
Keywords: chocolate muffins recipe