This recipe for Easy Lasagna is so simple and delicious! Let’s face it, Lasagna is usually a family favorite, but it can be a little time consuming to make. This recipe will help you enjoy making Lasagna by making it as simple as possible.
Having a picky family, means I usually have to simplify recipes. So I spent a while trying to make and easy lasagna recipe that my whole family will love and I did it!
We love pairing this delicious lasagna with a big salad and Italian bread. We feel like it is perfect for a big family gathering.
And the best thing about it is it can be made ahead of time and cooked later.
This lasagna recipe is very simple, however, you can add any type of meat you want such as sausage, or you can use ground chicken or turkey instead of ground beef.
You can also add vegetables to your sauce such as green peppers, mushrooms and onions.
We like to use Ragu sauce but you can use your favorite brand of pasta sauce. Or you can make your own. I really like this recipe!
I also find it tastes better if you cook the noodles before baking them, even though some say ready to bake, I still like to cook them al dente before baking them.
In my opinion there is no such thing as too much sauce when making lasagna! The more sauce you have the less dry it will be so the more generous the better.
With the noodles already being cooked, once the sauce starts to bubble and the cheese is melted, it is time to come out of the oven.
Personally, I do not cover my lasagna when cooking it, because I like for the cheese to bubble up and turn brown, but if you do not like for your cheese to turn golden brown you can easily cover it with aluminum foil and increase your cook time.
I hope you enjoy this easy Lasagna!
For more great recipes visit www.tastesofyum.com
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook
Follow us on InstagramPrint
1 Box Lasagna Noodles
1 lb ground beef or ground meat of choice
1 Large Jar Pasta Sauce
1-16 oz container ricotta cheese
1&1/2 Cups Parmesan cheese
1 lb Mozzarella cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large pot bring lightly salted water to boil
- Add Lasagna Noodles
- Cook Noodles until Al Dente
- Set noodles aside to cool
- Brown ground beef
- Drain beef if necessary
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to beef
- Stir until cheese is dissolved
- Add pasta sauce, garlic powder, oregano and salt and pepper
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes
- In medium bowl combine ricotta cheese, remainder of Parmesan and egg
- Mix well
- Cover bottom of baking dish with pasta sauce mixture
- Top with row of noodles
- Spread some ricotta mixture over noodles
- Repeat layers until pan is almost full (usually about 4 layers)
- Last layer should be noodles
- Top noodles with Mozzarella cheese
- Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes or until sauce starts to bubble
- You can add vegetables to sauce mixture if desired
- If you do not want your cheese to turn golden brown, cover your dish with aluminum foil and increase bake time.