Stuffed mushrooms! You either love them or you hate them.
These easy stuffed mushrooms are definitely a crowd pleaser and they are simple to make, which makes them even better!
This recipe for stuffed mushrooms is full of flavor and some spice because of the red pepper flakes, but feel free to leave those out or add more!
Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature or warmer.
I tried mixing it cold and it did not end well!
Baby bella mushrooms work great for this recipe, they produce a good flavor once they are cooked and they are easy to stuff.
However, if you wanted to make this a meal, instead of an appetizer or side dish you can use portobello mushrooms instead.
We used a yellow onion and chopped it very finely. Any type onion will work though as long as it is chopped very small.
Seriously, they are so delicious I am already planning on making these again in the near future!
For more great recipes please visit our website!
Baby Bella Mushrooms
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup chopped spinach
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease 9×13 in baking dish
- Remove stems from mushrooms
- Set aside
- Heat mushrooms in baking dish for 12-15 minutes (mushrooms will produce liquid)
- Remove from heat, empty liquid and let cool
- Meanwhile finely chop mushroom stems
- In large skillet heat olive oil
- Add chopped mushroom stems, onion, garlic, onion powder, salt, and red pepper flakes
- Simmer until vegetables are soft
- Add chopped spinach
- Remove from heat
- In medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese and 1/2 Parmesan cheese
- Add spinach mixture to cream cheese
- Stir until well mixed and soft
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into cooked mushrooms
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese